Be. Live. Stay. Well...
Balanced – Not Deprived – Living
Need a Minute? Ways to Create Spa Moments at Home
Rest and Relaxation at Home
Some days are harder than others, would you agree? All of us balance a million different tasks and responsibilities and we can’t always afford the time or the money to treat ourselves to a relaxing day spa experience.
As you all know, I’m an advocate for living a balanced life – not just in a
physical and nutritional sense – but in a mental and emotional sense. To do this takes a conscious commitment to integrating those “for me mini-moments” in the day. Why not, in addition to taking a few minutes to be active, take 10-minute spa breaks? Doing so will help you hit the reset button and attack the nex task with vigor, energy, and an enhanced cognitive focus.
Easy, Affordable At-Home Spa Treatments
Try these “won’t break the bank” tricks to soothe your senses and minimize fatigue.
- Cucumber Therapy – place chilled, sliced cucumbers on your eyes and rest for 10 minutes. Cucumbers are naturally hydrating and can revitalize tired eyes.
- Yogurt and Honey Face Mask – Mix greek yogurt, honey, a squeeze of lemon and olive oil (or other quality oil of choice) and apply to your face. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes and wash it off. You’ll be surprised at how soft and bright your skin will be!
- Foot Soak – Add Epsom salts and lavender essential oil to warm water and soak your feet for 15 minutes. The lavender has relaxing properties and the Epsom salts with having a soothing effect on fatigued feet. This is great if you’re on your feet for a large part of the day.
- Mindful Meditation – Play some soundscapes or a YouTube relaxation video and meditate for 15 minutes (or whatever amount of time your day allows). Meditation is an excellent way to relieve stress and center yourself.
- Heat Therapy – Make a homemade rice bag (you can even scent the rise with your favorite essential oil) and microwave for a minute or so (to desired heat intensity) and place on aching muscles.
Whatever method you select, or create yourself, the purpose is to design peaceful moments that support mental and emotional balance. Sometimes we need a minute and we need it long before stress knocks on the door and forces its way in. Take time for you. Take time to simply be and breathe. Your body and your mind will thank you for it.
Be well, my friends.